→ Blog →
5 Ways to Stay Motivated In Winter
Winter is coming! It’s getting dark in the mornings and it’s getting harder and harder to get up for those early morning exercise sessions. Winter is the time we should be putting in the hard work to get those summer bodies ready, so how can you stay motivated and accountable when it’s much warmer to sleep in or get home from work and jump straight on the couch?
- Get a gym buddy. Find someone who is available at the same time as you to train and lock in a few days a week to exercise together. That added pressure of not letting your gym buddy down will keep you accountable right throughout the year.
- Hire a Personal Trainer. If you have an appointment booked and are paying money to train, you are obligated to show up regardless of how comfy and warm the couch is. I find paying money for the gym or a trainer makes me eat healthier and put in extra effort.
- Sign up for a Fitness Event such as a Fun run or a Triathlon, so you have to keep training throughout winter, in order to achieve that fitness goal.
- Plan your week and set aside times and that plan to get active and train. If it’s written down in your weekly planner, it is going to get done.
- Find exercise that you enjoy doing, so that it doesn’t feel like such a chore. If you enjoy working out in a group setting, find a local group fitness class. If you enjoy walking, then head outside or get a treadmill or gym membership if the weather is too bad to head outside.